It has been so long since I’ve blogged!
I gave my notice at work late July, anticipating an end of the summer break, but my boss asked me to stay longer and I ended up committing to stay until mid October. This has thrown my life for a spin. For the last month all I could do was focus on work commitments and resting as much as possible.
In the meantime I helped host a bridal shower for our roommate who is getting married, visited Temecula wine country for my birthday and this last weekend visited friends in Santa Barbara. The dim light is shining at the end of the tunnel, but I am not yet able to process what is next.
This pasta uses garlic infused olive oil for flavor. The toasted garlic flavors the olive oil and so the pasta requires no vinegar, just salt and pepper. Arugula adds a peppery taste and texture.
- 1 1/2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil plus extra for taste
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 bag pasta
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 cups small heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 large handful of basil (1 cup), torn
- 2-3 stems of oregano (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup parmasan, romano, asiago or mixture
- salt and pepper
- In a small skillet over medium low heat, heat the olive oil until it shimmers. Add the minced garlic and stir continuously until it begins to brown. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, toasted garlic, and olive oil.
- Add the reserved pasta water, diced cucumber, tomatoes, arugula, basil, and oregano. Toss until all the ingredients are combined and add extra olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese and serve.